PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Ok, ok, it is raining and I am smokin my briars, but I am sittin up in the mancave. 8)
As I've mentioned here before, my mancave started out as my home office. It is located in the attic space above the media room and master suite addition we built onto our house about 10 years ago.
While we were building it I happened to catch an episode of one of the DIY Mancave shows and it just happened to be one for a guy that lived up in Chicago. It was being built in a basement and the guy wanted to create an airtight room with a ventilation system that would keep the smoke out of the rest of the house.
This got me to thinkin, and the next thin you know I've located a high velocity whisper quite Panisonic exhaust fan and have roughed out how I wanted it installed. I got with my GC, showed him what I wanted and the next thing ya know I've got an office / mancave with a great ventilation system.
One of the neat things about sitting up here enjoying a pipe, especially on a night like tonight, is that you are sitting up in the canopy of the trees in our back yard, so it's kinda like being up in a tree house.
I've got the windows, on the north, south and west side, all opened up around 8" or 10". There's a nice cool breeze and the wonderful sound of rain falling outside on the deck and the trees.
Add in a nice glass of bourbon and Sade playing in the background, and ya got a pretty enjoyable evening.
Here's a picture I took about 9 years ago after finishing up the brick deck. The west windows of the mancave are located on the top left.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Digger you slay me brutha.
Since I posted this I've stoked up another bowl and started listening to Robert Johnson and am now cleaning up the Scotch you made me spew everywhere. :rofl:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I choke on the phrase "man cave". Wish it weren't part of our lexicon. But good stuff. Glad you created something you can really enjoy.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Interesting gag reflex there jpmcwjr....
I personally suffer digestive distress over such phrases as "microagression", "Safespace", "wrongthink", "dangerous speak", etc, etc, etc....

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
All animals are created equal

But some are more equal than others.
Yes, I am in the minority on that cave phrase I guess. Did "wrongthink" come from Orwell?
P.S. I agree with your list.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
JP,
although I've heard it attributed to 1984, I don't recall reading it there.
Sadly, I heard it coming from the talking heads of the previous administration during their first couple of years in office.

Status
Not open for further replies.