PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Yesterday and today, I have smoked 5 or 6 bowls while sitting in the garage while a steady rain was falling. I find this to be one of my favorite things. One of life's simple pleasures.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I agree with you, I sit out in the garage with my dog and either read a book or just sit there and watch the rain. I love a good storm, unfortunately we haven't had a good rain in awhile.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Been rainy all weekend here, with lots of thunder. Have lost count of how many bowls I've smoked on the front porch.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I love rain and long for a good, long storm. We don't seem to get them in the Metro-Detroit area anymore.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I grew up mostly in the rural south. Many of the houses we lived in had porches with tin roofs. There is nothing that puts me to sleep faster than rain falling on a tin roof. That being said, I like to sit in the small covered space which passes as a front porch during a good rain and smoke my pipe.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Down here in Cajun land, we get hot,hot, days, then in the afternoon you see the clouds boiling black, wind starts slowly whistling, and a sharp smell of clean air cuts into your lungs like a sharp knife, KABOOOOOOM! Thunder crashes, drops as big as a pecan, Air is so fresh and clean as rain crashes on your tin roof sound like 100 crazy Bangos playing off tune. Damn I love the South and the rain.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Brad, that was beautiful.
Up here in the Smokies, the rain has been coming in sideways (not one of them soft straightdown rains), so all smoking has been in the casa.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I love smoking in my garage when it's raining as well. It tends to cool things off, especially in the summer. Nothing like the sound of a shower outside while you're dry inside with a pipe.

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
Oh, I love the rain! Fortunately, we get plenty of it here in the UK, though nothing compares to a heat storm; thunder, lightning, the whole deal (and I've only experienced those on the continent)...

Status
Not open for further replies.