PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
This morning I smoked a bowl of White Knight out in my man-garage and boy let me tell you, it was chillin! The picture is more or less self-explanatory. I realize there are a lot of pipe smokers who live in cold climates. I also realize that there are some fellow Canadians who live in geographically balmy areas of the frozen north. Like oh, I don't know, LaSalle and Oshawa Ontario, Vancouver, Saskatoon... :rofl:
The temp in the garage was 0C

Outside it was -23C

Under my electric blanket it was Vegas hot and toasty.

The picture isn't the greatest but you get the drift. My wife gets cranky when I politely ask her to step into my man-garage while smoking and snap a pic. She can only hold her breath for so long...

I'm just saying.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I love this pic! I was talking to a fellow worker describing how smoking creates tougher people. We tolerate wind, rain, and cold much better than non-smokers! :rofl:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm lucky that my wife lets me smoke in the basement. Although she's a smoker herself, and completely afraid of the cold... So I couldn't ever see her telling me "no" :)
SE Wisconsin can be very confusing...

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Warren, unfortunately for me, I think it is the latter... 8O
Fishfly, yeah that is crazy. What's crazier is watching my two youngest grandsons push it while I watch them from the sanctuary of my warm blanket while chanting encouragement.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I so wish I had a garage. Not sure how I'm going to make it through my first Chicago winter as a pipe smoker! Guess I'll be paying my local B&M lounges visits more often.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
wish I had a garage too, if I had one I would be just like that cover in blankets and smoking my pipe

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I salute you sir! But am I a minority? My mancave is actually in the house. It consists of a 70 inch plasma tv, a heated vibrating recliner. Also my desk an computer, an a 3000 watts stereo an Play station 3. My cellar an pipes. No seat for momma, just me. HUMM! Oh forgot the small frig.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ugh, the cold, tell me about it. The high today is only 55F, with a low of 37F. Clearly there is no God, for if there were he never would have allowed it to get this cold. #VegasWinter

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Gee Chris I really feel bad for you....as I sit indoors in my nice comfy chair, next to my computer enjoying a tasty bowl of Stonehaven. Oh and did I mention it was 12C (54F) outside here today?? :rofl:
Sorry brother...couldn't help myself. I admire your dedication to the pipe! :clap:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That shows dedication, and the picture is hilarious! Would a tent and space heater help? Time to make a box fort?

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Lookin good Chris. I could use a blanket like that. I think you're on to something here.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Picture looks hilarious, and I feel for you.

I also feel really lucky that I can smoke my pipes indoors in my "study" or even in the living room.

Personally, to me, smoking pipe is about relaxing and feeling good.

I wouldn't see the point in going out or in a freezing environment.

But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.