PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm puffing on a handmade Mountain Laurel straight smooth pot/poker tonight in memory

of my mom, who passed in 1996, and would be 93 today. She was a complicated person, no

need to sort that out. But she was a subtle observer and commenter on people, something of

a quiet mystic, and had a rapier sense of humor completely invisible to people outside her close

family members. A pipe is a great way to sit and remember people, not in sorrow, but with

pleasure and respect.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Lighting a bowl right now. Here is to your mom! from the way you described her me and her would have gotten along just fine.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
That is some coincidence, I often do that too but I have a bowl ready of Wilke VMC in my Gramps old Wilke pot his dress pipe! He would buy cobs and whey they burnt out he would buy a new one. I'm sure if your mom were here she would have enjoyed the room note.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Agreed. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about mine. Often times it is with pipe in hand.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Nice post to think and reflect upon. My mother is still here and I'm thankful for that. I cannot imagine my world without her, as I'm sure you gentleman did as well.

She has been a constant in my life, no deviation from her love or character. My father is a complex man and for a better lack of terms has always kept us guessing. But not mother, she is the person I go to to ask about just about anything, be it financial advice(always sound)an ear for my woes and just to have a conversation with when no one else will do.

I need to call her.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
My Mom's birthday was July 9th. She has ben gone for quite awhile yet I still miss her voice and actions dearly. I, too, lit up a bowl and sat for an hour and remembered. Very worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.