PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I lay in bed, my cat and I cuddling for warmth. The past couple mornings I've awoken to power outages and indoor temps in the 40's. This is uncomfortable for us, but deadly to my reef aquarium. I have no idea why the power is out on crystal clear consecutive mornings and can't get answers, but we are not amused, but my rage keeps me warm :) It's my hope that I'll not fall asleep while smoking my pipe in bed and burn my house down... although the warmth of the fire would be nice.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Set the houses of your neighbors on either side on fire. The radiant heat should keep your place warm

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I would look closer to home for the source of the power failures. Seems to me that the cat has the most to gain here: Affection, warm covers and dead fish.
Does the cat have access to the mains panel?

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Agreed with Woodsroad. I find that blaming the cat tends to be a solid plan in any situation.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Upon further investigation, I believe the fish and the cat are colluding. To what end? I'm not entirely certain, but I suspect it's political and has something to do with the transgendered having their own restrooms. I'll update this thread as the investigation progresses.
EDIT: No joke, the second I posted this the power flipped back on.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The cat had nothing to do with it. I'd start with the power company. Any neighbor's out? Then your house wiring and fuzing. Then your heating system. We delayed starting the furnace for a while, and the cats really got affectionate.
Better have some rule about smoking, like only sitting on the edge of the bed, feet on floor, with a big crockery bowl in which to place the pipe to recline. A fire extinguisher in the room. Most people doze without planning to, and if this is you, don't smoke in bed. I know this sounds like the safety officer, but no one needs a house fire.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Sometimes smoking in bed would be permissible
21260d5d44d16fb3137d4ae4e4df50d0-484x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.