PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
As much as I love pipe smoking, I'm getting tired of sweating so much outside it puts the bowl out. How has it been for you this week?

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I smoke under the carport but wait till about dusk so I can tolerate the heat. It's not worth smoking while your stomach churns.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Yeah, it's been miserably hot here in GA as well. It's just about cooled off enough tonight to enjoy a bowl, but it's still muggy outside.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I was going to smoke some W.O. Larsen Signature last night but it was too humid and I would've definitely gotten the "gurgles". I entertained the thought earlier today of smoking it tonight if it cooled down enough. It hasn't. It's also more humid now than it was at 2pm today. Yeah. I'm not getting a smoke until tomorrow night MAYBE.
-Jason

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I had some Cherry Bomb in my MM earlier. It was OK here in North Texas. Still 95 degrees but the sun was gone and there was a breeze.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
It's been hot and humid here in Wi. as well, I smoke outside under a shade tree. :crazy:

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Been in the upper 80's to lower 90's here in Colorado But the girl has been out of town so i smoke in the house but no ac so still around 80 in side with the fans going.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I smoke in front of a floor fan set on medium less than 5 feet away from me. I've discovered that Storm Front tastes even better in high heat & humidity, due to the cigar leaf. No idea if other cigar leaf blends improve with the heat.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Last night was a bowl of Uhle's Perfection Plug Cut Burley in a Mastro de Paja bent. It was sublime in the air conditioning. Incredibly hot here as we're not used to that stuff in New England. Played 9 holes of golf yesterday in 90 degree heat. I am now about 5 pounds lighter than before the game. LOL

Jul 12, 2011
I'm with thekiltedchaplain, Fall please...About 115 feel with humidity today...under patio fan outside ....my SG-SL blend is worth it :)

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Although I smoke indoors year 'round, I do on occasion enjoy a bowl outside.
However,...there are many days here that are just too hot or too cold to enjoy,....smoking or not. This damned heat wave is killing me! I haven't done anything outside, my place is beginning to look like Hell!
Are you guys like me and find yourself smoking a LOT less during the heat of the summer?

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Yep, I'm going to take a week long break from smoking out in the garage....too sticky for me....and I need a break anyway, it always makes things better when you go back to them.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
I have to smoke in the heat in the garage outside. Lately Its a lot nicer after the sun sets!

Status
Not open for further replies.