PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Because our senses of taste and smell are so closely tied to memory, I thought it would be fun to revisit a tobacco that I first tried 33 years ago: The Tinder Box's North Sea (their branding of Stokkebye's Nougat). North Sea was the second tobacco I ever smoked in my life -- and, after I became a Tinder Box employee in 1983, I ended up smoking quite a bit of it (since anything you smoked from the store's open jars while you were working was free).
Today, I can count on one hand the number of times annually that I smoke an aromatic. So I'm not really looking to get back into North Sea/Nougat. But I did think it would be fun to revisit this one. And so far I've only opened the box from SmokingPipes.com but already the aroma of this blend is taking me back!
I can't help wondering: Do any other long-time pipe smokers here ever go back to that first blend or an early blend, just to revisit the memories you associate with it? Or maybe that first blend is still your go-to mixture? Or maybe it's not even available anymore? Anyway, just curious about others' experience along these lines.
Bob

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I went back and revisited Troost Special and Sail Regular, both of which I smoked a lot of, long ago. Not great blends, but not bad.They were a definite improvement over Borkum Riff!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I know I definitely don't qualify as a long time puffer, but a major reason I started smoking my pipes were due to the smells I remember growing up. My grandfather smoked Edgeworth Ready Rubbed and when I lit up my first bowl of it I was transported back 30 years to his den, the smell was a dead ringer!

Status
Not open for further replies.