Smoking filter pipes without the filter( pics included)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have 4 pipes in my collection that take filters. Three are Savinelli's and the fourth is a Winslow E. I have come to the conclusion that I like smoking filtered pipes with out filters because of the open air hole. These pipes smoke cool and dry and seem to smoke by themselves. Does anyone else find this to be true. Here are the pics of 3 of them, the fourth Savinelli I don't have a picture of.
Winslow E
DSC01444-1.jpg

Savinelli Linea Piu 5
DSC01461.jpg

Savinelli Goliath
KGrHqNk8E-brKWRc0BPvn08ofhg60_3.jpg

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I have two Savs and use to use a filter all the time. Although, that changes and I most often do not use them now.

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
I don't have any that take filters. Those are some good lookin pipes there

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
I use filters in my Sav.

If you don't use it do your use the filter replacement tube?

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Usually there is an insert you can put in to reduce the the stem hole diameter if you don't want to use a filter. I have 3 lorenzetti's that are like that. They smoke great with just the insert in them.

ruraldean

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
I don't use a filter or insert with any filter pipes I have. No problems but I like a very light draw.

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
When start piping i through all filters away and feel no deference but recently start using palsa filters 6 and 9 mm from Sav. in all pipes which is great in catching moisture and allow the flavor and vitamin N at same level "i think"

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
When I first started pipe smoking, I came here(among other sites) looking for information on the filters. Most seem not to use any. So, I never have.

Status
Not open for further replies.