PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
as a (ex) cigarette smoker i used to roll Drum tobacco, lately due to nostalgia reasons i bought a bag of Drum to roll

then i tried it on a cob and it was a great tobacco! anyone else tried this?
--------------------------

Thread title fixed.
Please use your Shift key in body text as well.
Please see rule 9 here along with the rest of the forum rules
- Kevin

--------------------------

May 31, 2012
I have.
I like Drum better than 5 Brothers,

but I liked the red Bali Shag best,

is Bali Shag totally off the market now?
I always wanted to try Gauloises in a pipe,

I used to love those thick French ciggies,

a great flavor,

too hard to find a pouch though...

1680_0.jpg

May 31, 2012
Awesome man, thanks dawg...
...tobaccoreviews say it's from Sutliff,

is it available easily in the USA anywhere?
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/4349/sutliff-tobacco-company-scaferlati-bleu-caporal
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2191/sutliff-tobacco-company-caporal
Thanks.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The PS Danish or Amsterdam in the ultra fine silk cut is better than the new Drum it is very high quality cigarette tobacco. This is not the same as the pipe tobacco .They also have the Red Shag .Little Browns Smoke shop has it .But they charge your state tax on it .

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I bought some of the Scaferlati Caporal in France last trip and smoked a bit of it. By the way, nearly no one over there smokes Gauloises anymore. It's considered an old man smoke, and it's now made in Spain. I haven't tried it since it moved to Spain.
The Caporal is about a cross between 5 brothers and Galoises, I guess you could say, but does not taste as good as either. It is not as strong or black as Gauloises, nor as fine cut as 5 brothers, but close. I suppose that many like it, because it is popular over there.
Personally, I didn't care for it, and sent all of mine to Cortez to try, along with a few pouches of other stuff, including some Semois (which I also did not like at all). I don't think he liked it much either.
I don't think we're missing out on anything, not having French pipe tobacco. It all tastes about the same to me, and that wasn't a good thing.
The best cigarette in France (in my opinion, of course) is Camel roulons. You can get it from E-tobacco's. I usually can't resist buying a package. It is too good to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.