PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
ian-walker-canadian01-150x112.jpg

This morning, I think I found Valhalla. I loaded up my Northern Briars Canadian Rox Cut Premier (Ian Walker makes one of the finest pipes on the planet!), with HU's Director's Cut.
I used the Frank method of loading in the beautiful little DC's coins. If you aren't familiar with the Frank method, then you should Google it or go to YouTube to find many illustrations. It works!
This morning's pipe with coffee is the best I have experienced in many a year! For me, this express what pipe smoking is all about.
An immense delight!

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Director's cut must bea great tobacco.

tennsmoker I assume you are from Tenessee. If so, what area?

Im located in Sweetwater.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
@lawmax3
Not far from you. I live up in Knoxville. If you are ever at Smoky's Cigars, give me a shout. I hang out there some when I get a chance.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
@hiplains: I have yet to try Motzek Strang, but that is on my list, if it is still possible to acquire.
Director's Cut is just unbelievably good, IMHO. I've smoked Penzance, Stonehaven, Pelican and a few other iconic tobaccos. DC is right in there with the best of them, for me.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I think you all have persuaded me to pull the trigger on an HU order.

You're all a bunch of bad influences. I do mean that in the best way possible of course. :)

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Guyrox the 100g Director's Cut, as do many HU blends, comes in a "paint can" style tin with a push down sealing metal lid and a plastic lid on top of that. Should keep tobacco good for a long time. I cracked a tin four months ago and it's still as moist as the day it arrived.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Like Darwin said...I opened a 100 gram tin about 4 months ago. There's about 2 bowls worth still in the can, and the moisture content is still perfect for smoking even though it's been sitting in all that empty space.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
@guyrox: Darwin had it right. Paint can, plastic lid over metal lid that you pry up. My HU has been opened now for more than 2 mos and it is still moist. I let it dry a bit before smoking.
Jay, I get that it doesn't quite hit your sweet spot. I'm that way with Stonehaven. Yep it's good, but just not my thing.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Love the stuff! I find that the flavor intensifies if it's allowed to dry for an hour or so. Like a lot of tobaccos, it's best for me when it's just shy of bone dry. Right now I'm smoking Motzek curly cut, which is pre-cut Strang. It has a bit more of the red Virginia tang to it than HU Director's Cut, otherwise very similar.
I haven't seen Strang offered on the site since Motzek sold the business, just the curly cut. The curly cut is excellent and it's available. You never know when the door will shut on ordering any of these, so get what you can while you can.
If you're going to buy Director's Cut, don't delay. Hans has stated that he's looking to close his site and distribute to tobacconists because of EU restrictions.
Director's Cut is only one of HU's great blends. If you like blends with a chocolate note, get yourself Makhuwa. It's my personal favorite of the HU blends I've tried, with Director's Cut and 5 Year Anniversary close behind. Makhuwa is like smoking a fine milk chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.