PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
I've noticed an interesting pattern in my smoking. I really enjoy both aromatics and English blends, but I smoke them very differently. When I smoke aromatic tobaccos, I find myself lighting a new bowl almost as soon as I finish the last one. But when I smoke English blends, I seem to feel satisfied much longer afterward, and I'll sometimes go an hour or more before I reach for another bowl.
I'm wondering if maybe it's due to a higher sugar content of aromatics. If I have a bag of candy in front of me, I'll often eat the whole bag (sometimes instead of eating dinner), and I'm wondering if the aromatic tobaccos are triggering the same craving for a constant sugar intake that I get when I eat candy.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I don't work when I smoke which seriously limits the amount of time I have to smoke.
So the pattern is usually the same no matter what I smoke:

--- smoke one bowl, then wish I had time for another.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
To each his own, I smoke English and Aromatic blends normally, but, being a nicotine lightweight, Virginia heavy blends are an occasional treat.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I find that I have an urge for another bowl, no matter what I am smoking. I'll usually go for a different tobacco, though. Variety is the spice of life and pipe smoking.
Smokey

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I smoke both English and aromatics. I don't smoke for the nicotine kick, or seek that element in a blend. However I do know what you mean about being more "satisfied' with an English. Part of it could be that normally the English is slower burning, thus a longer smoke. Just my theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.