Tags:  No tags yet. 

Smoking & Where I Live

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by peanubutter
  • Latest reply from peanubutter
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

peanubutter

Login to Send PM

I thought I would post a few positive things about smoking in Wyoming. The city did pass a no smoking ordinance several years ago but the county did not. So, pass the city limit line and there are bars and restaurants that cater to smokers. The tobacco tax is low, so far, as an added bonus. Most individuals that are nearby when I smoke a cigar or pipe comment on how good it smells. We have regular herfs and an occasional after smoke in the garage with the door open after work. We have people visiting from other states taking pictures of us and our "kicked back life style" and if we have enough cigars ask them to join us. Last time a group came by we ran out of chairs and they got to sit on pickle buckets and enjoy the camaraderie.

Wackiest thing that happened was an individual who crossed the street because I was smoking a cigar and informed me that he could smell it and could not be exposed to the smoke...as a garbage truck and then a bus spewing fumes went by. LOL

At home I like to sit on the deck and watch the neighbors horses run in the pasture as the sunsets while smoking and hope it stays like this for a long time.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

an individual who crossed the street because I was smoking a cigar and informed me that he could smell it and could not be exposed to the smoke

He can't be exposed to smoke so he walk over to where the smoke is. Makes perfect sense.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Sounds Idyllic! Sort of like where I live (coastal Maine), but different

You do sound like you're enjoying life -- all good, for sure!

Welcome to the PM Forums, Pea!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Where do you live in Wyoming, Peanutbutter? I went to high school in Gillette. Not my favorite part of Wyoming, but still OK.

And Welcome to the forums

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome from another Wyomingite. I am in the other armpit of the state (Gillette being mentioned earlier) Rock Springs. PM me your town (guessing Casper or Cheyenne) or post it if you want and maybe if I get out your way we can meet up for a smoke.

Edit: Or I can host you if you ever get out this way.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

peanubutter

Login to Send PM

I'm in Cheyenne and for the most part things are okay here. The wind seems to be the worst thing but the smoke doesn't hang around for long, LOL.

Yeah, the guy was a good 10 yards away and was already complaining. The rodeo brings in all sorts, mostly for the good though.

Anyone headed this way is welcome as well. Grab a pickle bucket and relax.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. wildcat

wildcat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome! Great story. Crazy is everywhere it seems...

For whereas men of an older school, like myself, smoke for the pleasure of smoking...
    A.A. Milne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

peanubutter

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the invites and comments. I work for the state (and cook part time in the evenings) and have made support calls to most major towns and cities. If I'm headed your way I will certainly PM someone in that area ahead of time.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   fmgee, bulldogbriar89, pitchfork, andystewart, tanzebjorn, warren, griffonwing, bigboi, mikestanley, edgreen, darwin, cobguy, derfatdutchman, jackson1, captpat, mustanggt