Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peanubutter

Lurker
Jan 5, 2013
I thought I would post a few positive things about smoking in Wyoming. The city did pass a no smoking ordinance several years ago but the county did not. So, pass the city limit line and there are bars and restaurants that cater to smokers. The tobacco tax is low, so far, as an added bonus. Most individuals that are nearby when I smoke a cigar or pipe comment on how good it smells. We have regular herfs and an occasional after smoke in the garage with the door open after work. We have people visiting from other states taking pictures of us and our "kicked back life style" and if we have enough cigars ask them to join us. Last time a group came by we ran out of chairs and they got to sit on pickle buckets and enjoy the camaraderie.
Wackiest thing that happened was an individual who crossed the street because I was smoking a cigar and informed me that he could smell it and could not be exposed to the smoke...as a garbage truck and then a bus spewing fumes went by. LOL
At home I like to sit on the deck and watch the neighbors horses run in the pasture as the sunsets while smoking and hope it stays like this for a long time.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
an individual who crossed the street because I was smoking a cigar and informed me that he could smell it and could not be exposed to the smoke

He can't be exposed to smoke so he walk over to where the smoke is. Makes perfect sense.

Aug 1, 2012
Welcome from another Wyomingite. I am in the other armpit of the state (Gillette being mentioned earlier) Rock Springs. PM me your town (guessing Casper or Cheyenne) or post it if you want and maybe if I get out your way we can meet up for a smoke.
Edit: Or I can host you if you ever get out this way.

peanubutter

Lurker
Jan 5, 2013
I'm in Cheyenne and for the most part things are okay here. The wind seems to be the worst thing but the smoke doesn't hang around for long, LOL.
Yeah, the guy was a good 10 yards away and was already complaining. The rodeo brings in all sorts, mostly for the good though.
Anyone headed this way is welcome as well. Grab a pickle bucket and relax.

peanubutter

Lurker
Jan 5, 2013
Thank you for the invites and comments. I work for the state (and cook part time in the evenings) and have made support calls to most major towns and cities. If I'm headed your way I will certainly PM someone in that area ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.