PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
So I'm looking at a couple of different horns to buy and I'm wondering if they are smoked often or do most people just display them? I'm worried about that rim getting burnt out as it would seem all the heat would harm that rim even if you were careful and by not filling it to the rim.
So those that own horn pipes do you smoke them? How about before and after photos? Does that upper lip get burnt?

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
I have one and wanting to buy another. The one I have would be called a size 6 by Steve Weiner (click here). It smokes well but it is not for a clincher as the horn shape puts a lot of briar further from your teeth--so it feels heavy. I have not had a problem with the heat on the rim.
I like the shape as it seems that would be an old original shape for the working man. I like to think a root is more along the lines of what the vikings would have smoked. My second will be smaller one that will slide in my pocket but have those graceful flowing lines. I hope you buy one and let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.