PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
This is the one I bought off Cyndi. It is the "Carey Magic Inch" pipe, without all the Magic Inch crap. All it is, in reality, is a standard briar with a carburetor on the stem. The stem is slightly different than standard, but not hugely so.
The pipe breathes fine (on Layme Aye Kue), smokes fine, and lights fine without excessive draw. It is a handsome pipe, and doesn't have any weird curves or shapes. Much better than the Magic Inch system, and if you can find one on Ebay or othewise, it is worth a try.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
When I refurb a Carey the first thing I do is chuck the stem in the trash. After that you have a very nice smoking mid range pipe.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've had a few Aerospheres but only one at present,smoke it now and then. Would imagine a spot of Super glue or similar would fix that little orifice in the stem,although I've never found it to be a problem. The Aerospheres make nice tampers!

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I will do a pic later. These are not Carey magic inch variation pipes. Carey just bought the line of pipes. All it really is, is a carb style pipe. Nothing remarkable about it, really. Looks good and smokes coolish. The carb, so far, is not a problem with excess draft.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
A pipe with a carb? We are still talking about tobacco pipes right? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.