PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
I've never tried these and never hit their site before. Am I reading 18 bucks for 2 oz.???

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've never tried these and never hit their site before. Am I reading 18 bucks for 2 oz.???
Yep. And these sell out pretty quickly. Realistically, quality tobaccos cost this kind of money in 2018. The lack of profitability in growing tobacco, leading to a decrease in growing and quality, contributed to the demise of McClelland. $18 for 2 oz is about where prices need to be.
I'm not much of an English smoker these days and I already have enough of these. But it's nice to know that they're still in production.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Agreed Sable. If they need to make more on each tin to keep making them, I’m all for it.
Pre-ordered 10. I’ve never been able to find these in stock and buying on the secondary just never appealed much to me. I’m primarily a VaPer guy, and the couple dozen tins of 3 year old Elizabethan that’s Foggy was kind enough to let me purchase have been the perfect bowl with coffee. Looking forward to trying OBB when they ship!

Jan 8, 2013
I've heard good things about Cognac and have wanted to try it for quite some time, but I was beginning to think Smoker's Haven blends were gone for good.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I got only 3 of OBB and EM. Enough to get familiar with those blends. Too many good Latakia blends out there that cost much less.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Too expensive, and too much Latakia for me. My wallet just breathed a sigh of relief.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Made me look with the Krumble Kake mention, LOL. I've seen the other round tin version come back in stock as they're able to acquire them, but it's definitely been over 10 years since I've seen KK available.
Regarding price comments, I keep a spread sheet with pricing and inventory, etc., of my cellar, and here's the little bit of history I have from previous Smokers Haven purchases:

Exotique

2004 - 8oz tin $26.95

2004 - 2oz tin $15.50

Our Best Blend

2008 - 8oz tin $29.95

2016 - 2oz tin $13.50

Just sharing in case anyone was interested...sorta FYI. Anyway, is $18 high for a 2oz tin? It's relative, like anything else. The rationale I use for tin pricing is comparing the cost to a good cigar...and you get a lot more than one smoke from a tin. Don't get me wrong - I don't splurge on every tin I buy and smoke, but just saying, this doesn't strike me as highway robbery. Of course YMMV

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Thanks for the tip, Geezer! I was able to pre-order some tins. Never thought this day would come. Awesome!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Hey Ron, I just checked to see what the pricing was on my latest sales of your blends that you listed (give or take just a few years of age but prior to the move to the High Street address).
Here it is -
Exotique

2004 - 8oz tin $395

2004 - 2oz tin $85

Our Best Blend

2008 - 8oz tin $425

2016 - 2oz tin $90
If that's just a sample of what you have, insure your cellar!

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I've never tried any of these blends so I ordered a few. Not sure how the preorder is going to work especially if there are those that put in a big order. I have spent too much money on tobacco lately to order more than 6 tins. Looking forward to trying these though.

Status
Not open for further replies.