PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016
20% off of an original order of $150, use code "newyear", good through 1/6/17. (Free shipping over $89)
11 cans of Exotique might not be a bad idea.
:puffy:

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I was excited to get their e-mail but was immediately disappointed when I went to their web site and saw that it still hasn't been updated. I think it's been about a year since they added a new pipe to their inventory.

Jan 8, 2013
I was excited to get their e-mail but was immediately disappointed when I went to their web site and saw that it still hasn't been updated. I think it's been about a year since they added a new pipe to their inventory.
I feel pretty much the same. I regularly check their site to see if anything new was added and I'm always left disappointed. When I got this notice, hoping that they had added some things to their website, I immediately checked... only to be disappointed once more. It doesn't help that even their tobacco selection has become pretty much non-existent. They currently have three... THREE... blends to choose from on their site. What's going on with Smoker's Haven? I used to enjoy their site and have purchased from them a few times. Service was great, packing and shipping was great. But now I'm disappointed every time I check them out.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
What's going in is Premal is waiting for a pile of stuff to come in from England, he has been waiting quite awhile. When the FDA regs changed in the summer, I think a lot of people in the industry pulled their heads in a bit, and Premal was one, kind of waiting to see what was going to happen/change in the industry, learn what they could or could not do (can you sell Artisan pipes if the Artisans are not FDA compliant?). It's been a challenging year in the industry.
He had a tough year personally too in some ways which I won't go into here. But I talked to him right around Christmas and he's gonna get his ass in gear here.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
LOL, 20% off I was all over it but there was nothing on the site to buy other than their tobacco......

litup

Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I thought that the lack of updates might have something to do with winding down the business in advance of the FDA regulations going into effect. But I didn't get that impression when I visited their table at the West Coast Pipe Show. I wonder if Premal is just more focused on making pipes and selling them through other venues than he is on stocking Smokershaven with other people's pipes?
Edited to add that I was typing this when sasquatch wrote his reply. That explanation seems to fit what I was picking up on without knowing him personally.

Jun 27, 2016
If I could choose, I'd probably buy 11 cans of Exotique right now, over 11 cans of OBB right now. :puffy:

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
In 2017, a bad website can hurt a business as much, or more, than bad yelp reviews and so many businesses don't get it. I live a 10 min walk from Iwan Ries and theirs is a terrible website. This has to be costing them money.
The future is now

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
"If I could choose, I'd probably buy 11 cans of Exotique right now, over 11 cans of OBB right now."
Yeah. I feel the same. OBB is good, but I prefer Exotique or 20th Anniversary for sure.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I have gotten a few pipes from there and several tins of Exotique. Super good customer service and man that Exotique is good stuff!

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
I went into my local b&m about a month ago they have a huge humidor. About 50% of the boxes were empty. Asked what was up. They said "waiting on shipments". Went back right before xmas and no joke 90% of the boxes were empty. No one would say what was up. The owner was also selling off vintage tins. This FDA thing is real.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Pipes can be found everywhere, Exotique, one place. That tobacco alone is worthy of a website!

Jan 8, 2013
Let me be clear that I wasn't trying to bash Smoker's Haven. As I stated, I've received great customer service from them in the past and I'd love to do business with them again. It's just disappointing that the selection seems to have suffered greatly, and I've been a bit bummed when visiting the site and even a bit concerned. If I didn't like Smoker's Haven, I wouldn't even bother looking. I'm just hoping things come out ok for them, because I'd love to do business with them again in the future. One of my favorite pipes was ordered from Smoker's Haven after all.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Anthony, I certainly didn't think you were bashing SH, I just love the Exotique!!

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I'm with Anthony... I used to buy a decent amount from SH... a couple pipes and tobaccos... Great folks. Great customer service. Lately, I have found the selection of pipes and tobaccos dwindling. I actually started to forget about them until I saw the 20% off coupon. This time last year, I would have found many things I liked in their store. I couldn't really find anything that excited me except for a few $400-$600 pipes that are too rich for my blood.
I'd like to see some more buckeye pipes. They appear to be well made and they come in a variety of interesting shapes. I should have pulled the trigger on a few I'd seen in the past.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm always there for retailers, since they are there for me. But I don't jump on discounts based on a particular level of purchase price, which is usually pretty high. If you just happen to be on the verge of an expensive purchase, and happen to run into such a sale, okay. I've done that, and appreciated it. But I will never let myself start looking for an extra $30 purchase to fill out the discount requirement. Then I know I'm just buying what I don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.