PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
But still no Krumble Kake and Our Best Blend. They come in so infrequently you have to buy several pounds if you want to always have some around. With the current political climate I really stocked up on EM. If the wife only knew she would kill me!

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
Benjamin here from Smokers' Haven,
Starting with this shipment, we should have regular shipments every month or so with Exotique, 20th Anniversary, In-B-Tween, and Select (we already have a second shipment on the way due in late April). If you are interested in any of these blends, there's no need to panic about getting a multi-generational quantity in one go this time.
The venerable Krumble Kake, Our Best Blend, and Cognac are likely to come later in the year.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
What is worse I came across someone who has a nice quantity of McClelland EnglishBalkan tins from the mid 90s and he wants just a buck or two over current MSRP. I can't resist and am buying them all. I lead a tobacco double life when it comes to buying. I have TAD big time.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Benjamin here from Smokers' Haven,
Starting with this shipment, we should have regular shipments every month or so with Exotique, 20th Anniversary, In-B-Tween, and Select (we already have a second shipment on the way due in late April). If you are interested in any of these blends, there's no need to panic about getting a multi-generational quantity in one go this time.
DOH!

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
:| Whatever gets me my new bass guitar I suppose... :D
errr... seriously though, if you want to change anything about your order, give us a call tomorrow or send me an email at benjamin@smokershaven.com

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
Benjamin,
Nice to see you here, posting.
One of my customers took a photo of the shop and put it on the internet so I had to stop by and verify that no galactic contraband or state secrets were visible.
I've been dealing directly with Premal on my orders from Smokers' Haven and I've always been more than pleased with the service and the products received.
Premal is very old-school considerate businessman. I mostly photo products and upload them to the website when I'm not tricking my retail customers into smoking 100% Perique.
I do hope that you guys in Columbus are forever being more aggressive in obtaining more pipe tobaccos for us and at competitive prices, as I beat up Premal pretty badly the last time we talked and he assured me y'all were working on that.
We are working on that. We have unique products and expertise, but not quite the inventory or our customers desire at the moment.
It's really awesome to see that you "signature" house blends, historically renowned, made by Germain, are FINALLY coming back in stock after what? 5+ years?
Longer than I've been working here, that's for true. There was a shipment last year from Germain, but it was picked up quickly.
EDIT: And our rather historical American-English mixtures such as Pure Pleasure and Dee-Licious. We're working on the other ones at the moment too, but good Burley is hard to come by. I'm a big Dee-Licious fan in a larger tobacco chamber for just effortless, simple smoking.
Keep on it, after all -- you are the"tobacconist" right?
If I tell that lie enough, people will start to believe it. :P
No, really though, I'm happy that Premal has confidence in my tobacco-fu. I have a great track record at helping customers develop their tastes and find new tobacco. Plainly, I think I'm more passionate about the leaf than the drug delivery devices we're peddling. :wink:

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
Here's my review of it in case anyone is interested
So most people think our best blend is Our Best Blend, and I think I'm required by my employer to endorse this opinion, but really, Exotique is my favorite of our blends. I like that it is more savory and subtle than the fuller OBB.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I am glad to know you folks will be getting these regularly! I just looked back at my journal; Exotique and Krumble Kake were my faves. :puffy:

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Ahh.. I didn't see this thread previously. Thanks Kevin for pointing me in the correct direction. I am packing my pipe right now with Exotique and heading over to SM in a few minutes.
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.