Smokers' Haven Exotique

(20 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Nate
  • Latest reply from hiplainsdrifter
  1. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was looking around trying to see about finding tobaccos I'd like to try, that I've read about on this forum. Number one was Exotique. I've read about here and on Tobaccoreviews and it always gets stellar reviews alongside warnings concerning its scarcity. I even read that it was harder to locate than Esoterica blends. So I went to the website and ordered a bunch of it, but seeing as it seemed highly available I became concerned that either something has changed recently or... I dunno, but it was too easy so something must be wrong?

Nate @ Moody AL
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate, I was looking for it at SH online just a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find it... so I imagine that they may have just received a shipment.

Don't worry. If you like Margate, you'll really like Exotique.

Happy puffing.

-- Pat

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. lochinvar

lochinvar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They just received a shipment and are in fine stock....until the irrational hoarders hit them.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. uncleblackie

uncleblackie

Login to Send PM

If you are enjoying Margate, you'll probably like Exotique as well. Those two, along with the new Balkan Sobranie, while all distinct, are closely related. If anything, the cut and consistency of the tobacco is identical.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Awesome!!! Thanks guys!! Anytime something worth having seems to appear as if from nowhere.... I tend to think something's wrong. If it's like margate I can't wait!! Thanks!!

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Loch, it's not irrational if it's difficult to get

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. snowhill

snowhill

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the thread. I didn't know Exotique was back in stock! I read that SH Our Best Blend compares closely to Esoterica Margate. Any thoughts?

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. andrew

Andy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't think exotique is an extremely hard to find blend, I remember one of the forum members who was very knowledgable about smokers haven stating it was readily avaiable now, it's krumble kake which is the impossible to get

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. prairiedruid

prairiedruid

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm going to need a new notebook to keep track of all these blends I'd like to try.....keep up the good work

Posted 4 years ago #
  10. snowhill

snowhill

Login to Send PM

I use a Google Spreadsheet, that was I carry my current cellar and my "TO TRY/BUY" list with me where ever I go!

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. matches

matches

Login to Send PM

It generally seems like availability isn't a problem. An absolutely brilliant blend.

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was just at SH and they had several boxes of several hundred tins stacked up in the back.

Michael
    Posted 4 years ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

lestrout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yo sno

The Smoker's Haven imported lineup from Germain is mostly mirrored by the Lat-bearing side of Esoterica. They are not identical, but the ingredients must be. Yummy both ways.

hp
    les

Posted 4 years ago #
  14. arno665

arno665

Login to Send PM

Enjoy Exotique! It is an excellent smoke

Posted 4 years ago #
  15. docwatson

docwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Exotique is IMO one of the finest Balkan Blends ever produced. I regard it as a Balkan because of a good percentage of Oriental leaf which comes forward of the Latakia component. I enjoy Margate and Pembroke as well but Exotique is tops on my list of favorites. Try it, I think you will be pleasantly surprised and go back for more.

It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling---Mark Twain
    Posted 4 years ago #
  16. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've been chatting a bit with Premal Chheda of SmokersHaven. He's a super nice guy and is sending me samples of the rest of their lineup along with my order. Once again, the kindness and professionalism of the pipe community shines through. Where are the a**holes I've grown so accustomed to dealing with in other retail environments? Somehow the tobacco repels them.

Posted 4 years ago #
  17. dochudson

dochudson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You would be hard pressed to find a nicer guy than Premal. Never saw him without a smile on his face or a kind word for anyone who came into his shop.

Posted 4 years ago #
  18. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My parcel arrived from Smokers Haven today. I haven't tried it yet, but was very impressed with packaging and the very nice note. Wonderful first impression!!
     photo 0699637E-421B-4D1C-AA35-3C10A4D690AD_zpsxgftutbx.jpg photo 2E02D23E-956D-4846-9D4C-B30F62FF499F_zpsagrqbucs.jpg

Posted 4 years ago #
  19. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Damn... Yet another seriously good tobacco. To me it's more reminiscent of JA Luxury Flake than Margate, but a tad less grassy. Were I forced to chose between those three.... I wouldn't.

Posted 4 years ago #
  20. hiplainsdrifter

hiplainsdrifter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

To me it's more reminiscent of JA Luxury Flake than Margate

I don't think I could ever compare a latakia blend to a Virginia Flake. That said I do like both.

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   codecreatively, 64alex, gerryp, jaytex969, didimauw, elpfeife, canucklehead, craig61a, oldtoby, trudger, yuda