PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOOK-Great-Estate-Auction-Find-Old-Carved-Wood-Pipe-/190574229786?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5f1bf91a
this should be a definite Smokemaster pipe, couldn't positively tell you if it is Grabow or Briarcraft, but the marking SUGGEST Briarcraft and not Grabow.
This I only know because I been doing a bit of research on them lately

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
its like you read my mind. that is on my watch this right now haha.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
but please feel free to bid on it, im thinking about saving that money and with my pay check friday getting an uncle arthur pipe or some sort.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I have sent an email to the seller asking some questions about it. making sure it is complete, and that it is a smokemaster. If he responds in time, I will post it here. Probably like you, I don't need the pipe, but that seems to be my story anyhow. I have an UA pipe or two, so I don't have to save my money!

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
well you can never have to many pipes..at least thats what they tell me haha but hey like you said it is cheap and coming up on closing time so if you want it and can get it then go for it!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Well,to my tired old eyes it looks like a Grabow. Replace that orange diamond with a white spade and you have a Silver Duke or Regal.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Hey there portascat.

The orange spade on the stem indicates it's probably a Westbrook.

Dr. G for sure, I have one pretty much identical. For $9.99 and free ship you did very well on this one.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Bought the damn thing. What have I done?
Ejames, I am going to polish it up, and sell it you your tired old ass for $45.
If I didn't have so many damned Grabows laying here I might take you up on that!
Dirt,that ain't no spade,it's an elongated diamond.The Grabow made Smokemasters were the only pipes made by Grabow--other than the Westbrook--to use an orange stem logo.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I'm certainly not familiar with the Smokemaster but that sure does look like the spade on my Westbrook. I read an article not too long ago about the coupon pipes from Grabow, certainly interesting stuff. Neat to have something that's unique with respect to the orange emblem.

All great fun on the learning side of the older pipes though!
Here's my Westbrook
Westbrook.jpg

Westbrook_stamp.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Grabow also used the diamond trademark on the Smokemaster and LLBean pipes that they made.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yep. All a waiting game. If it is Grabow, I will chunk it in the fireplace.
There is a guy over at the DGCF--goes by LLBean-- who collects only Smokemaster and LLBean pipes,both Briarcraft and Grabow made. He might take it off your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.