PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Thanks to Bonehed for the sample!
I believe it is brown bogie if I remember correctly.
Very nice smoke like black coffee and leather with a hint of sweetness. Retrohaling gives a bit of a jolt initially but overall very pleasant. I was so excited to give it a try that I browsed The web to find more but still can't fin it in stock. I did find some Black xx though and bought a couple tins.
Smoking some coconut rope Bonehed sent as well. I can smell the coconut a bit in the room note but can't taste it.
I've been stocking up on plugs as I love the unique form and preparation. Gonna have to stock up on a few pounds of rope and impress my friends with it lol. That is of course if I can find it in stock.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Hmm, coffee and leather and sweetness sounds right up my alley. Brown bogie you say?

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Brown Bogie is good stuff but it will sneak up on ya! First time I tried it I had two bowls and then realized my lips and tongue were numb.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Something about "smoked my first rope" struck me as naughty and I keep chuckling at it for some reason. :)
Otherwise, I got my nerve up and tried G&H Rum Twist in the dead of last winter. There is a certain mood and state of mind when this stuff is just what the doctor ordered! Thanks for the mention of Brown Bogie... must try!!!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
You can still find it in its sliced form, I think. It's called Brown Twist Sliced. Last time I checked Smokingpipes.com they had it in stock. It's one of my favorites.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Yes, it's a wonderful rope! If you like it, you would probably like any of the other GH&Co ropes--even the flavored ones are only very mildly flavored. Rum Twist is probably my favorite, but the pure Brown Bogie is great.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Brown Twist Sliced is available on SmokingPipes.com if you're interested. Every single other variety of brown twist is out of stock and P&C and SmokingPipes... sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.