PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
What are your recommendations for a tobacco blend having the most smoke volume . I like most of what I have tried thus far , often the smoke tastes good but is a little thin and blue if smoked gently .
I just tried a cavendish , burly and golden Virginia blend and the smoke volume was effortless , making billowing clouds of white , dense smoke without getting too hot.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
When I smoke you wouldn't know it unless you watched the pipe very closely, so no idea.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Volume of smoke produced doesn't often correlate with a very good smoke. English blends- hundreds of them- produce enough smoke for me. YMMV.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Dunhill MM965 produces a bit of smoke. Also, Nightcap, The Aperitif.
giphy.gif

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For volume building, you can't beat Cavendish, and if you like, you can usually add a condimental quantity to nearly any blend to build volume without changing the flavor overmuch. Most Cavendish I've smoked by itself is rather mild, if you like that.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Like above, you really shouldn’t see much smoke pouring out of a pipe. But, it is great to see the billowing smoke when it occurs. That said, Gaslight by G.L. produces lots of smoke. It’s a wonderful blend if your palate agrees it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A while back I read that unsweetened black cavendish is sometimes used in blends to increase smoke volume.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
In addition to lard or bacon grease, a fine grind of black rubber added at about 1:4 will produce volumes of really nasty but thick black smoke.
And the taste should be similar to Condor, though that's more creosote based.

Dec 24, 2012
Just chiming in for a brief PM news update -- This has been added on to the the voting sheet for PM Quote of The Year 2018:
I find that adding a bit of beef lard to the bowl works wonders in the billowing smoke department.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Are you trying to enter a vaping cloud competition with your pipe lol!!

Sorry just gave me a flashback to when I tried vaping and they had a competition

At the shop to see who could produce the biggest clue of vapor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.