PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I know many of you have recently tried G.L. Pease Virginia Cream. GLP-VC is the featured tobacco this in week in our tobacco crawl. You're invited to drop in and give us your opinion of Greg's newest blend.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/october-tobacco-crawl-with-greg-l-pease/page/4#post-866890

I think that knowing Mr. Pease would see my posts, would deter me from posting anything negative or even vaguely critical. I am a big fan "BIG FAN" of his work, but just because I don't like one blend and said something about it, I would hate to be seen by him as "that guy."
And, having had so much faith in Greg's work, I ordered ten tins of the stuff. If someone wanted to trade, I'd be willing to discuss it in a PM.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I am a big fan "BIG FAN" of his work, but just because I don't like one blend and said something about it, I would hate to be seen by him as "that guy."
Speaking from years as a reviewer... you're correct. People who make products are interested in those succeeding, and usually have done everything they are capable of to make those products good in the way they interpret good. Critics are seen as saboteurs, and rightfully so, since the only time criticism is useful to the creator is during creation of the product, not after it is shipped.
This is why it is best to be anonymous in such critiques.
That being said, Virginia Cream sounds like it's delicious, but perhaps not something I'd want to keep a whole lot of around. Probably very good for Sunday afternoons.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A couple of our thoughts here.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/october-tobacco-crawl-with-greg-l-pease/page/4

Status
Not open for further replies.