PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Ever since I was a little kid I have wondered if smoke rings are the only trick a pipe smoker can do with the smoke. I am not all that skilled at smoke rings, and was also wondering if maybe there is a fool proof way of pulling it off?

dirtybearpipes

Might Stick Around
Jul 12, 2012
Haha I don't think there is any "fool proof" way, but I can give you some pointers! I learned on hookah, which is probably the best way to learn because the smoke is so dense and steamy. But it works with a pipe too.
First just get the pipe burnin' hot so you can get a really dense smoke, then take in a healthy serving of smoke. Try to make somewhat of a circle with your lips (starting smaller is easier) and then push small burst of air out of your lungs. The less air you can push out the better, people usually blow way to hard. This is going to be hard to explain, but what you want to do very briefly open the back of your mouth and close it. It will make an "ah" sound with a little click (only audible to you). Then it just happens! Otherwise if pushing the air out is too tricky, just get a bunch of smoke in your mouth and flick the side of your cheek!
Other tricks are double smoke rings, just lay you index finger across your lips in the middle and do the steps to a normal smoke ring and often two rings will come out in either directions. You can french inhale. You can catch clouds (blow a condensed ball of smoke just outside your mouth, let it linger, then suck it back in). And if you get a toilet paper roll and some dish soap you can blow smoke bubbles! haha
Best of luck!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
There was a post on this awhile back. I went quite far into detail on blowing smoke rings. Too much typing to repeat it. If you check it out, I am sure it will help you.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
it took me a while but I learned to blow smoke rings. my version includes tilting my head back, does the trick. I can make multiple rings.

ruraldean

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
I suppose my one piece of advice is that you're wasting your time trying in the breeze. Smoke rings require a very still atmosphere.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
I can blow multiple smoke rings but that's all Iv ever heard about smoke trick wise unless you French inhale. But that's mostly for cigs. It takes practice and more practice to blow smoke rings

Status
Not open for further replies.