PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
When I went to boarding school a friend of mine told me how. I can, but it's really hit and miss. I haven't perfected it yet by any means.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
It's a little tricky, but I can usually get them to look pretty nice. Now a smoke ship would be more impressive!

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
All day long. You just put your mouth into an 'O' shape, lift up your tongue and kind of push the smoke out against your lips. I'm still working on the sailing ship though!

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
I have never tried this while smoking a pipe. When I use to smoke cigarettes I could do it. I am sure its the same concept.

evo03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2013
I learned when I smoked cigarettes as a kid. Seemed like it was easier when I didn't inhale, the smoke was thicker.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
I can and do. It gives those around me an entertaining moment and I'm usually rewarded with a smile.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I first began smoking at the age of 12, a friend showed me how to blow them. I use the snap of the jaw method to send them out a good distance. Cigars make for the best smoke rings as the thickness of the ring cannot be beat. I never do them while smoking a pipe because that would mean heating up the pipe to get some good rings out of it.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Every so often a perfect smoke ring will escape my lips. When that occurs, I try and backtrack to see what I was doing, and attempt to replicate it. It never works. My father could blow them one after the other, and tried to teach me. I was willing to learn, but flunked the course. Friends have also attempted to teach me, but despite their skill and my enthusiasm, I've never succeeded save by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.