PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmay

Lurker
Mar 1, 2015
Suggestions needed for a pipe tobacco thats room note is pleasant, smokes cool, with no gurgle. A good tobacco flavor would be a plus. The boss said I could smoke in the livingroom if the aroma is nice. I usually smoke English blends or periques so those are out. Help!

if the aroma is nice

"Nice" is subjective, especially to my girlfriend. Some days, she'll love an aroma, others she hates it, same tobacco, same pipe. Go figure. But, she really prefers the aromas of straight Virginias, as most have an herbally, grassy smell, like strong tea. Astleys 109, Red cake, VA#1, Newminster Navy Flakes, etc... But, like I said, some days...

Also, her favorite Balkan is GLP's Ashbury. It has an incense-like aroma that hasn't been bawked at yet.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Possibly Dunhill Nightcap, more full bodied and a slight smell of vanilla and rum from what I can tell, but it's definitely English and Perique, like cosmicfolklore said, all subjective. Tell her, you're experimenting...gives you more chances to smoke and a reason:)

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Www tobaccoreviews.com

Www.luxurytobaccoreciews.com

Many aromatics are good around others and frog Morton series....

Dun hill nightcap smells good to.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
As for room note University Flake smells wonderful (tastes even better), but yet retains a great tobacco flavor. Smoking it as I type this.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I have found that Marlin Flake passed the GF test with flying colors...she said it smells of figs and raisins. There is some perique, but not much...to me I get the dried fruit aroma plus that of caramelized sugar. Great flavor for you as well...good luck my friend!!

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
For the best room note, look for blends the have names that would appeal to children like Banana Split, Candy Treat, and Christmas Cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.