PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madpiper

Lurker
Nov 29, 2018
New subscriber here.
Was wondering.....
picked up the ole pipe two weeks ago and want to keep the wife happy (Of Course) She has agreed for me to smoke in the house as we relax together watching TV. after 26 years together she says its my house too. (imagine that?) I want her to enjoy a couple of pipe tobacco aromas while I'm smoking away. there was a time we bumped into a gentleman smoking outside in a park and I must admit it did smell great. I think alot of people are looking for that one tobacco that smokes well and puts out a fragrance that just a whif of it will just get people to follow you like the pied piper to see what it is.
Does anyone have or know of maybe one or two tobaccos they can recommend?

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Lane 1-Q is the classic 'good smelling' tobacco blend. Maybe stay away from blends with Latakia for the time being. I also think the room note of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake is very nice, but your wife may have other ideas.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Pretty much any of the aromatics should be good. I agree with the staying away from any blends with latakia in them unless your wife likes sitting around a campfire. Check out tobaccoreviews.com for informations and what other pipe smokers think of different blends.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
I've heard a lot of folks say the complete opposite, but my girl likes the smell of English blends more than anything else. She likes incense, and camping, so that may be the connection. But, honestly, I have no idea why anyone would say tobacco doesn't smell good. Smells gosh darn delicious.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Sutliff Molto Dolce...mso489 stated recently that it smells so good that your wife will re-marry you.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
madpiper, I've heard people mention Mac Baren Original Choice as one of those with a more pleasant aroma, but when I tried smoking it I felt like I was drinking corn based maple syrup, so...
I guess it really depends on what your tastes are. You have to choose something out of what you enjoy, or there'd be no point smoking it at all.
I found out what blends to smoke around my girl by trial and error and communication. Just light up and ask her what she thinks.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
If your going with the Sutliff Molto Dolce. Put it out for a couple hours to dry, or maybe a day. Serious Goopiness. but decent and great aroma.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
+2 on Spartacus & Philo's comments. Lane's BCA & Sutliff ZBC 245 are good for room note also. Be aware, though, drying/getting rid of the propylene glycol that makes it so soggy can take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.