PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I thought today was Give the World Health Organization the Finger Day. Hmmm, my mistake. :puffy:

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It is. It's like the difference between the "American Civil War" and the "War of Northern Aggression". Just depends on if you're pro or con. Hey, wait a minute, GTWHOTF Day is every day!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hope online retail is braced for the onslaught. Nothing whets the appetite for a nice baggie or tin like the words "no tobacco." It sounds like an emergency.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I guess all governments and their agencies have become a world wide Kakistocracy. As for me and my household, we will smoke!
img_0714-600x401.jpg

133prm.jpg

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I see a bowl or two of Capstan in my near future.
I just love Hallmark holidays.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
A kakistocracy indeed, or merely a kleptocracy. This is a good day to smoke outside while waving to others. It puts the fear into them...

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Meh, smoking indoors isn't nearly as much fun without minor children to fumigate. The thrill is gone.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Fully fed up with this, a handful of tobacco activists launched “World Smoke Tobacco Day,” a protest through sardonic critique that points out that in a world where most people are miserable, items like tobacco and alcohol do more good than harm.
http://www.deathmetal.org/lifestyle/tobacco-activists-launch-world-smoke-tobacco-day-to-counter-world-no-tobacco-day/
Thoroughly enjoying a bowl of Lakeland Dark gifted by a former member of this forum. The WHO can send a formal complaint if they want and I'll use it to light the next bowl.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
"Meh, smoking indoors isn't nearly as much fun without minor children to fumigate. The thrill is gone."

Laughing out loud. I very much remember being at family gatherings as a kid, when most of the adults smoked cigs and pipes. I'm thinking about going back there for awhile in my time machine. (I'm not drinking anything but iced tea)

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
It's real?!? I was on the WHO site, this is a thing? Really? Nothing else going on?
"WHO is highlighting how tobacco threatens the development of nations worldwide"

HOW? Tobacco built America.
"Tobacco threatens us all" says WHO Director-General Dr Margaret Chan. "Tobacco exacerbates poverty, reduces economic productivity, contributes to poor household food choices, and pollutes indoor air."

They know all that just from tobacco use? Also I smoke outside, where most of my food comes from, when I'm not working, and the cheapest thing I consume regularly is tobacco. But I really appreciate the concern for my well being. Really.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I guess all governments and their agencies have become a world wide Kakistocracy. As for me and my household, we will smoke!
Sounds like smoking some Anniversary Kake is dessert tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.