PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
This topic has probably been covered but what is your smallest pipe? I'm looking for a 10-15 min smoke, something with thicker walls to keep the heat down. Seen a few really cool tiny free hands that look awesome. What is your favorite small pipe?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like my Peterson Belgique, which is a Group 1, but it doesn't have thick walls, though it doesn't seem to have

a heat problem. Other good small pipes at a reasonable price are EWA at the Iwan Ries site, or the

Old Dominion smallest cob, which has a thick cob bowl but is very small; you need to use the scoop on the

pipe nail as a tamper since the tamper head won't fit. I think a few small pipes are useful, as are several

extra large ones. Small ones are good for sampling, short smokes, or an appetizer or dessert bowl before or

after a larger pipe.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I have a couple of the Morgan nosewarmer cobs, which are a fantastic smoke, but my favourite small pipe is still being made - a size 1 by Zack Hamric (zack24) which he put up on here - http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/ok-so-i-couldnt-afford-the-1500-dunhill. Can't wait!
Andy

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Mine:
WDCPoker.jpg

My Wifes(Needs polishing)
Ts-Pipe.jpg

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have a couple Paulson devils as well. Perhaps I should have said smallest bowl as the Paulson is still a good size bowl dispite it overall small size.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
By Trevor Talbert is this tiny little Morta, it takes my pinky finger and not even to the joint in depth but it smokes those coins of rope that would be too much for a smoke in even a group 1.
11484175753_bbb927e480_z.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you don't want to go small-small, but want a modest size (about Group 3) the Stanwell bulldog 32 is a great compact pipe.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have this old "Londoner" made in England pipe I know nothing about. But even though it's about 6 inches long, it has a very small bowl. I reserve it for short smokes with tobaccos I like but have a little more nicotine than I can tolerate in larger amounts. Oh, and fish love that little morta!
img_0007-600x450.jpg

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I have several group 2 sized pipes and one group 1, a tiny Winslow billiard. With the coming tobaccopocalypse, I've been trying to buy more group 3 and group 2 pipes, though the majority of my pipes are still and will remain group 4, I have gotten rid of all my pipes group 6 or bigger and have only a couple group 5 pipes left.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
No sir. I should've read the part where you said "15 minute smoke!" The Paulson clearly doesn't for that bill...
My bad buddy! I should pay attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.