PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Will be visiting the States in a few weeks and plan on stocking up on blends not available in Europe for longer term storage. I plan on buying and storing them for a few years until I return to the US (and would like to get a good cellar going before the Tobbacalypse).
In addition to the blends I can find on P&C (such as H&H) and SP, I'm also interested in purchasing tobacco from smaller shops, and I'm trying to compile a list.
So far I've got:

Peretti

Smoker's Haven

Boswell

Just For Him
What other shops am I missing and/or might you recommend? Also, please feel free to add any blends from these shops you'd recommend for aging. Thanks for enabling my TAD! :D

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Buy LOTS of Exotique from smokers haven while you still can! Top five tobaccos of all time and about to become very hard to find.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
If you're going to Boswell's the trip north from there to Wingenroth' in Lebanon, Pa is worthwhile. Small family run shop that is very pipe centric.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Briar works and wilke in Vermont or on web. It was my pipe store now run by daughter. Great tobacco blend I like 400 top hat read about them on web. Shel

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
@ hawky--Yes--forgot about IR--their Gourmet English blends gets rave reviews
@ Nate--already ordered 4 tins a few weeks ago and shipped to my family in the States; surprised to see that it's still in stock at SH--thinking about pulling the trigger on some more, but I need my TAD money to last!
@ papipeguy--family in in the Southwest so unfortunately won't be near PA
Boswell seems to do well with their aromatics and while I don't smoke them much I do like a quality aromatic now and then. Would like to try some but I've read aros don't age particularly well--think blends like No Bite Delite or Berry Cobbler would still be good after a few years in a mason jar?
Thanks so much--keep 'em coming!

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Thanks, Shel!
Updated List:
Peretti

Smoker's Haven

Boswell

Just For Him

Iwan Ries

Pipeworks and Wilke

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What places are you planning to visit? There are two very good stores near Sacramento; one in Marin County; also Santa Barbara. If you're heading to any of those cities, I'll give specifics. Bon voyage!

Jun 4, 2014
If your travels take you near New York there is Nat Sherman's and Barclay Rex. I like Barclay Rex's Vincent's Blend and Nat Sherman's 536.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
++1 on Nat Sherman's 536, which you can buy in bulk at the store, or in tins online.
If you get to or go through Raleigh, N.C., Pipes By George on Hillsborough Street near NCSU is definitely worth a stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.