PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I received $75 from relatives for my Birthday this past weekend. I had to buy at least some tobacco with it of course! I wanted to use some for a new pack for my 10/22 Takedown and a universal cleaning kit, so I was left with about $25 to spend.

I made the most of it and used the link DragonSlayer posted for free shipping at Cigars International (Thanks!). Kind of a limited selection but I restocked a favorite and added something new to try.

1 50g Tin of Escudo Navy Deluxe (The Favorite)

1 100g Tin of McClelland St. James Woods (A different VaPer to try that should be worlds different from Escudo)
$22.45 including free shipping :puffy:
I'm a happy camper. Although I was really hoping to stock up on a few tins of ODF I just couldn't justify $8-$10 shipping for two or three tins. When I have a larger order Ill be going through smokingpipes.com or pipesandcigars.com.
Any thoughts on the St. James Woods?

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I love it MartiniMan! It's a great gun that my wife and I can both shoot accurately, it's reliable and accurate as any other 10/22. Light weight, stainless barrel and I can pack it in a back pack. The bag I am getting for it is a 30L pack with MOLLE attachments an quick disconnect should straps. The rifle fits perfectly in the bag but I will be replacing the stock soon with one from agparms.com that folds to the side and has a pistol grip. This will make the rifle even lighter and more portable. I have already replaced the factory sights with a set of Williams Ace-in-the-hole fiber optic peep sights with built in rail. I want to keep the rifle open sights to minimize weight an these sights should be far easier to see and quicker to acquire sight picture. The bag will later on also be equipped with a lightweight single shot 12GA.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
After a nine days of waiting my shipment finally arrived from Cigars International, not bad considering the free shipping! Everything was nicely packaged and they sent a coupon and their catalog. The St. James Woods tin is date marked 2011 which is awesome, probably gonna let that one sit awhile longer and the Escudo, well I bought it to cellar but I can see that tin coming up in the rotation when I finish of my tin of ODF over the next few weeks. Small TAD but I'm stoked all the same :) I'm excited to put another tin of Escudo through my Tsuge Dublin, so far it's had a tin of Escudo, half a tin of ODF, and about four flakes of Stonehaven,it's been a joy to break in and it just gets better with every bowl!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Sam thank you for that info I think a month before I'm ready to dig in I'll take your advice and rub out the whole tin and let it sit. I usually get to smoke one bowl a day so I'm sure by the time I get to the second half it will be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.