PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Ross Stapf is organizing a small show at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill Texas, with a tentative date of July 25th.

There will be a handful of North Texas Pipe Makers showing and selling pipes. The local clubs will be in attendance, and hopefully we will convince a few from out of the area to make the drive for a heck of a fun Saturday.

There will be a slow smoke contest, with a Hand Made pipe by Colin Rigsby (2014 GKCPC Contest Winner) going to the winning smoker.

Other Events, and the final lineup of Pipe Makers to be determined, but we will keep this thread updated as details get hashed out.

stapf

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
It will be at Tobacco Cabana http://www.tobaccocabana.com in Cedar Hill TX just south of Dallas. 267 Hickerson ST Cedar Hill TX 75104. 469-272-5999. Ryan Alden will be there. Will post the other pipemaker's names once I get solid confirmation.
July 25th is confirmed as the date.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Though I'd love to attend one of the biggie pipe shows, I recommend those on a modest scale. I attend the TAPS show in N.C., and it is pleasantly casual and still high energy. If you have a chance to attend this Texas show, I think you will be pleased. If my private jet is out of the shop, I'll attend it myself; that's a joke.

stapf

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
The entry fee for the slow smoke contest has been set at 30 dollars. That gets you a pipe that they would normally sell for 60 dollars and a chance to win a Colin Rigsby pipe.
I'm having trouble posting a photo.

stapf

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
The show is from 1pm to 7pm. The shop opens at 10am so feel free to come early and hang out.
The shop has invited tobacco reps. I'm told that one of them has confirmed. More details to come.

stapf

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
Tobacco Cabana will have a 10 percent off sale on all pipes, pipe tobacco, and pipe accessories that day.
The Lane Tobacco rep has confirmed and will be bringing some goodies.
Tobacco Cabana will allow folks to bring their pipes to sell/swap with other pipe smokers in attendance.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Had a friend who went to the small pipe show, but he couldn't see the small pipes because he forgot his glasses. Ka-boom.

stapf

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
Neil from Smokin' Holsters has confirmed. He will be there to show/sell his unique leather work for transporting your pipes in style.

Status
Not open for further replies.