Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Slow Puff Cafe

(219 posts)
  1. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Some of you have seen me around the last couple weeks I think, but I'm Anthony or Tony or whichever. Fort Worth Texas, ya'll! I've been smoking a pipe about as long as I've been a member of this forum. Not much to say about myself really. I'm writing a fantasy novel, I play and write music, and I work in the meat department for a large grocery store. Right now my book is the most important thing in my life. I've put a lot of time into it, and perhaps a bit of my soul.

Cut me... I bleed black.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. scurvydog

scurvydog

Login to Send PM

Good luck with your book.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks David (Scurvydog) It's about 75% complete right now and coming along quite well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

What instruments do you play?

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I play mainly guitar, but I like to pick up a bass every once in a while. I can get around ok on a drum kit, and I can fool around on the keys a bit. I try to tell myself I can play anything I want if it's right in front of me, but I tried the bagpipes once... yeah that didn't go so well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

bump for the new members to respond

Posted 11 months ago #
  7. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

Most who would remember you have gone over the years, Marty. I'm glad that you've finally got some time to come back to us. We PM.com old-timers are far and few between these days.

Since I've never posted in this thread before, I'll play.

I have many hobbies that I binge on for anywhere from a few weeks to several months. The only one that has stuck for any appreciable amount of time is smoking my pipes. Right now, I'm on an anime kick with slice-of-life anime being my focus at this moment. I'm really enjoying one called, "Silver Spoon" in which a city-kid (in Japan, of course) decides to attend an agricultural high school (apparently they have those in Japan) for no better reason than he doesn't know what else to do. He gets a rude awakening in all things agricultural with very funny results. I just finished one called, "Say, I Love You" in which a social-leper girl catches the interest of the popular guy in school and the series revolves around the roller-coaster of emotions that come with falling in love. Very heart-warming and try-to-life.

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 11 months ago #
  8. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

thanks Jason, didn't realize there had been such a vacancy of the old timers. I promise to behave myself this time around...no religion, politics, or sports replies from me from now on. I did run a few good men off to hide from me.

Posted 11 months ago #
  9. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

I promise to behave myself this time around...

I'll believe it when I see it! LOL! The thought of you behaving is about as improbable as a whale and a petunia appearing in midair.

-Jason

Posted 11 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jessicac, metalheadycigarguy, porshcigar, newbroom, crimsonrat, bubblehead33