PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Maybe I live on an island in my discernment on this topic...allow my fellow pipers to retort.
Is the Smoking Pipes Three Nuns ad just Creepy, and confusing? First I was raised Catholic...I am no longer practicing said Catholic "religion", but am however a Jesus fan and youth ministry leader. I was taught in Catholic schools by nuns... None of whom even remotely resembled the lovely lady in the ad. They might have about 150 years before they taught me 4th grade but not one living person can vouch for that. Second the ad is for THREE NUNS...3... This add clearly shows the same nun in 3 different poses. Clearly ONE NUN. Unless of course there is the possiblility that Identical triplet, (EXTREMELY RARE)sisters all became nuns... Lastly they try to make her sultry dare I say sexy... ummm Ewww! I don't have a solution for them other that this blend throughout history has a great following...perhaps that's where you find your advertising. But it seems to caught my attention so what do I know...

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm Protestant, but the very few nuns I've actually known in real life -- as opposed to having "met" in movies/TV shows -- have all been young, active, and vibrant women. They all could have posed for this ad.
I certainly don't get "sultry, sexy." To me, she's simply contemplative, yet approachable.
And they used the same model three times because there was "none better." ;)
Bob

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
They definitely don't look like the 3 blind mice. Might have to try a tin, that is of course unless it's a sin.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think the nun in the ad is supposed to be beguiling, the allure of the supposedly unattainable, which

is always a strong attraction. Ads play on basic drives almost subconsciously. It's the way they work.

It may not be ennobling, but it's what moves people to buy things.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
the ad is on this (Pipes Magazine) site. It cycles through the headers and side bars.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Fine 2 of the 3 poses could be "contemplative"...however the one on the right.... We've all seen that look before... it exudes "come hither"...

Oh, there's a sidebar, ha ha. The forum fits my browser to where I never see those... for some reason. UGG, so I have to try to alter the magical codes of this thing to be able to see the whole forum page. CRAP! I hate technology that doesn't involve fire, hammers, and anvils. Hulk smash, smash!!

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
We're forgetting the number 1 rule of advertising: Sex sells. They probably used one model in three poses as it was probably cheaper to hire one than hire three different models. Also, none of of the poses or faces really strike me as 'sexy'.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I'm with you Dan, she is HOT, and I don't feel weird or creepy saying it. I was raised Catholic as well but I am also a man that just loves beautiful women. I don't care about race, creed, color, or religion; if you're hot you have my attention.....and I do see the "Come hither" look in her eyes. On my way Sister......

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
For those of you creeped out by the official Three Nuns ad, may I suggest you mentally replace it with this image.

There. Better?
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.