PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ever see guys asleep at the B&M? One of the ones I used to go to, there was always the same guy in there with a lit cigar in his hand asleep, snoring for that matter. I mean I enjoy some pretty relaxing smokes, but falling asleep? I think it may be time to head home when you start counting Z's.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
At least the guy smokes. I went into a B&M this week and when I asked the guy what he smoked he told me he had given up smoking long ago.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
While I like my B&M I've not had the desire to sleep there. In fact my tolerance for hanging with my smoking partners is about three to four hours. But heh, each to his own.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Who knows, maybe home sucks for him and he can relax at the B&M. I don't like to judge folks like that because I haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
He may even have a disorder where he falls asleep easily. I know my Dad does that now and again. :lol: Who am I kiddin' I do it too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Big fire hazard. Hate to be the Safety Officer, but if you drop off to sleep, arrange not to do it when you're

smoking.
Do you drop off to sleep without intending to? Some of that comes with age. Also, ask your doc to check

out possible sleep apnea problem or neurological problem like narcolepsy.
Is this B&M guy supposed to be minding the till? Oh, that's not good. Some of those pipes might grow

little legs and walk right out.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
When I worked at the local B&M back in the day, we had an older retired gentleman who used to come sit in the lounge and smoke. He'd sometimes fall asleep with his pipe in his mouth and still be puffing away as he slept. Quite that talented pipe smoker.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
A few months back, there was someone who fell asleep shortly before I arrived at the b&m. Apparently, the cigar he enjoyed put him to sleep.

Dec 24, 2012
Funny thread. Harris was just telling me the other day that people he is conversing with often fall asleep in the middle of the conversation.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I wasn't judging the sleepers. I think it is pretty funny when guys fall asleep holding a lit cigar as long as they don't burn themselves of course. It is the snoring that get's me.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
My father in law can just check out seemingly any time it suits him? I kind of admire him for that skill. Heck, the wife turns on dancing with the stars or what ever, and ZZZzzzzz......out he goes. :wink:

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
One of my favorite B&M's back home in NC has a great coffee shop next to it, I would walk in there with my coffee and a paper to write and make magic. I loved it. It was like walking into an old Victorian study, Books, a chess set from a grand-masters home, beauty. I miss that place very much. I WOULD sleep in there if i could. Or just move in :D

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Maybe the sleeper just finished a nic-bomb and is trying to sleep off the dizziness.

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
Man i wish i even had a good b&m to fall asleep in.The b&m shops in Hawaii are pretty brutal.None of them here to my knowledge have a place to even relax.But its OK that's why im always on the forums.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Probably not kosher to take a nap at the B&M. I can tell you from experience it isn't ok to do it at bars or strip clubs.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Our B & M is also our clubhouse, we have people there doing homework, playing video games, browsing Netflix, playing cards, board games, playing music, cooking, eating, and occasionally, with a stomach filled with a good meal and better booze, sleeping... The shop is open from 8 in the morning until we go home, so quite often 24/7...

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
He's just messin with ya. Go stick your hand around the counter and see if he does'nt pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.