PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Is there a blend that flies under the radar that blows your socks off? Mine is Two Friends English Chocolate. It does have a solid following but its nowhere near FVF, Penzance, etc, etc....
So what is yours?

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Seattle Pipe Club's "Plum Pudding" ?
Its my favorite English-like blend.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I have had it EDIT:(Plum Pudding)and man it is in a class all its own IMO! Very tasty stuff

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Philo, where do you pick those up? Never heard of them.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
GLP's Caravan and McClelland Coyote Classic (bulk 5125). Both very good oriental forward english blends.

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
Plum Pudding is my favorite as well, and I love English Chocolate.

My under the radar blends would be Barbary Coast from G.L.P., which is a great Burley based blend & Dummerston from Pipeworks & Wilke, a ready rubbed Virginia that is really wonderful.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Ashton's Artisan Blend! Hadn't heard of it but picked it up. Soo good!

Jul 15, 2011
GL Pease Samarra is a blend that almost no one ever mentions, but I smoked some at the end of the winter that had 2 years of age on it and good lord it was SUBLIME! Not a lat bomb but very refined and very complex, slow burning, and just a real treat. Another one I did a review of was Charles Fairmorn Lancer Slices. It gets almost no love on this forum but is a wonderfully smooth and tasty English flake, of which there arent enough in my opinion. Cornell and Diehls Montford Point Marine doesnt get much love either. I love smoking that on a bad day when I feel like bashing someone in the face. Gotta careful with the MPM, the nicotine will kick you in the groin and tongue kiss your girlfriend if you're not careful. Dave, just out of curiosity, have you ever tried Sam Gawiths FVF?

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Man this thread is gonna get me in trouble! I can wait to try some of these!

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I enjoy Peterson's University Flake, and it is usually in stock when I want some.
I also enjoy Rattray's Old Gowrie, which doesn't seem to get that much hype.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
Nobody ever buys Seattle Pipe Club's "Plum Pudding" anymore....because it is always sold out. :roll:

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Rattray's Black Mallory, and Peterson's De Luxe Mixture. Not a big arro guy but I love a good vanilla, and when you throw honey in as well it makes for a good time. Black Mallory is a nice full english. :puffpipe:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm pretty much just an aromatic smoker. I'd have to say 1Q lol jk. Seriously I'd have to mention CAOs Moontrance as a sleeper aromatic. I had my first tin of it a few weeks back and blew through it in a week it was so good. A quality leaf with a very well done casing.

Status
Not open for further replies.