PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
what are some good smokes for right before bed. I started working nights and want to enjoy the autumn morning before I have to sleep away these gorgeous days we are having... any suggestions?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
This is a tough one. I usually finish my last pipe of the day just before retiring for the night. I've never found any blends that seem to keep me awake. I've never noticed a blend that helped me nod off either. I've been blessed in that I can fall asleep anywhere and fast. I doubt that I'm awake more than 5 minutes once the head hits the pillow.
I suppose you would look for something that mellows you out after a shift. Something that doesn't require a lot of attention so you can concentrate on the glory of the morning and feel the tension fall away. But, not having the foggiest idea of what that would be, I hesitate to suggest a specific blend, other than to say it should probably be light in nicotine and pleasant to the palate. Sorry!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
J A C K K N I F E P L U G it makes me want to lay down and sleep. I was on 3rd shift for 2 years recently. JKP and a few drams of scotch and I was sleeping like a baby.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
It's been a while but I have some kind of coconut rope that seems to give me the urge to get horizontal about 20 minutes into a bowl. Thanks for the reminder, will give her a whirl later... Dreams of blurry, spinning island women... Ahh...

curl

Apr 29, 2014
Strong tobacco makes me sleeping.

That would include Dunhill NC and Jackknife Plug, I think.

P&C and tobaccoreviews.com allow you to search by strength.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
guess I'll have to fire up an order for some Jack Knife Plug. Thanks

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Strong nicotine blends are supposed to be suitable for just before bedtime. I guess if you get a strong buzz,

it may make you want to lie down. On one or two occasions, I have had enough nicotine to want to lie down

and sleep, but I don't actually find a nicotine buzz that much of a sleep aide. This probably varies a lot from

person to person. But if nicotine helps you sleep, something like Nightcap, or one of the burley blends from

C&D like Billy Budd or Big 'n Burley (if you like burley) may also do the trick. Or any of the strong English blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.