PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I grabbed some of saltedplug's 5 year old St. James Flake.
Last night, I loaded a small pipe for immediate use and a larger one which sat on the stand overnight.
Last nights smoke was good but the DGT pipe today is freakin' awesome!
I'm getting some deep plummy fermented sweetness that I've only had fleeting hints of before.
Cool, dry and tasty it is. To add support to the other thread going now about really drying your tobacco, you owe it to yourself to "just do it".
If I were to ever leave the crew of the Frigate, you may just find me holed up in St. James with a pint and the largest pipe I can find jammed full of this fine tobacco.
jay-roger.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Yeah, go ahead and rub it in. Us new guys just got to stand by and watch this stuff get snatched up. You should feel bad about that.... :puffy:

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
You know, after I posted that, I looked at the rules again and saw that you're right. Well, Jay doesn't have to feel bad for me now.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I've had the pleasure of trying some FVF and SJF with some good age and both are pretty amazing. Gawith virginias turn into candy with enough age it seems. Personally I like them best between fresh and 5 years. That candy sweetness is almost much besides as an occasional treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.