PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
As I have mentioned in a few other posts I visit my girlfriend as often as possible in Philadelphia and am always looking for cool B&M or pipe experiences while I visit. Today I stopped by SJ Cigars on South 3d Street just off of South Street (obligatory I do not have any affiliation with this shop). They have a great cigar selection with a massive walk in humidor. For pipes they have a number of medium range pipes in a glass cabinet (I saw a few Stanwells that were particularly nice looking). I did not see any tinned pipe tobacco but they had a wall full of bulk options for a good price: 2oz for $5.50. I picked up some Old Havana and some English Breakfast to try out and got to smoke a bowl in their smoking room complete with new leather chairs and flat screen. They offer coffee and Sodas in a refrigerator as well. Most pleasantly of all though were the friendly staff. Even though I do not believe either were particularly experienced with pipes they knew enough about the different blends to pass the time while I browsed. They also mentioned that they have seen an heightened interest in pipes and pipe tobacco so hopefully they will continue to expand their selections. Right now this is definitely a cigar-forward B&M the atmosphere and staff make this a must visit; I will definitely be going back.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
If you are in town next week, the Philly Pipe Club (Morleyson) is next Thursday, at the Pen & Pencil Club. Lestrout usually posts a notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.