PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Howdy folks, I opened a tin of GLP Tripleplay, yesterday. I couldn't help but notice that SixPence tasted very similar. Has anyone experienced this? A little more experience with TP may develop into a changing of opinion on this, but wow, these two blends remind me of one another. They do have the same tobaccos, for the most part. Sixpence does have the inclusion of anisette. Drop in, chime in, it's a GLP TriplePlay/Sixpence thread, bound to be more interesting than another Penzance thread. :puffpipe:

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Sixpence is one of my present favorites... one of those desert island deals. When I tried Triple Play I too was struck by some similarities... except TP dropped me to the floor and kicked me in the head in about 10 minutes... never had that happen with Sixpence. I've heard some guys say SP does that to them as well. If I were to make a comparison, I'd say Sixpence seems to me more discrete and subtle in some ways, and good for a long bowl. I've been a little gun-shy of TP since the assault and battery, but really must have at it again!! I really enjoy the ol' plug and cut ritual greatly! In general, here's to GLP!!! May The Force save him (and us all) from the FDA.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I had the same impression when I smoked telegraph hill after TP. To the point that I would not buy both again.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I love Triple Play but found Sixpence to have a bit too much topping for me.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I was wondering if my palate was improving or degrading.
I found that Three Friars is slightly similar to TP. Smoking some Three Friars in same pipe as Sixpence, A lot of similarities, just missing the Reds. The topping of SP does stick with a pipe through a couple of smokes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't had Six Pence, but I like Triple Play very much. It's so robust and sturdy, a stout blend but also complex. It may have been the first plug I tried. I suspect Six Pence might seem mild by comparison, but sometimes that's good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.