PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's six o'clock and already getting dark. Boy I miss those long summer days of daylight. I really dislike

it when it looks like nine o'clock at night right after supper. Christmas took after the Roman Saturnalia

festival which was intended to wake back up the sun and bring back more daylight. For Chinese New Years, people

beat on pots and pans to wake up the sun. If you get a little down when the daylight gets short, be sure

to get out in the sunshine during the day when you can. This will ward off some of that gloomy mood.

The bright side is, you can soon sit outside and listen to the night noises of autumn.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Nothing like a feast of Mithras to close out Saturnalia...be sure to clean the vomitorium.
Here, at least, the evening heat is heavy and the cicadas sign a lullaby to summer.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
The weather here Carolina is warmer than when I lived up north.The sun is brighter and seems to burn you quicker It's been hot here lately. Too hot for me..Around 90 every day.It should start cooling a bit in a couple of days though.I love autum weather.There seems to be more of a breeze coming down out of the mountains.Nice for sitting on the porch with a cup of Maxwell House and a bowl of Penzance..And yes there seems to be an abundance of cicadas this year.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
+1 Cosmic!
mso489, are you up in Alaska with Daimyo?
As a transplanted, fair-skinned northerner, I cower inside for much of the summer here in VA and long for the days to get shorter and cooler. Autumn is prime outdoor smoking weather here, so for me, it can't arrive soon enough! During the summer my only pipe is when I have to be outside anyways, usually mowing the lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.