PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Got these recently. They are miniatures with 6 inch + stems. Great early morning smokes.

All Dunhills, all smoke very well. The two on the bottom are favorites.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I can't afford one Dunny! Enjoy your new 6. I've seen from other posts that you're very short on Dunhills :)
Beautiful pipes!

May 31, 2012
What a great set!
Congrats!
I've only recently come around to liking the prince shape, but I prefer the straight stemmed variant --- the couple that I have are very fine smokers.
I bet those Dunhills are grand burners!
Actually, maybe they're not a prince shape?

Would you call them a bullcap, or maybe bullmoose?
I love that shape too!
That particular shape seems fairly scarce to come by...

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Foggy - they're beautiful. I bet they're wonderful flake pipes, and the bull-wotsits have such great definition. Those rings will keep the bowls cool. My next Dunhill will hopefully be a size 2 - for short smokes. I hope they give you hours of enjoyment.
Andy

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Extremely jealous! Very nice indeed. Are those group 1 or 2? Love me some small briar. I think I favor the two you picked as well, especially the reddish one. Nice. Very nice!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
foggy, fishnbanjo put me onto small pipes, and it was a whole new day. I love 'em for short smokes, appetizer or dessert

bowls with medium sized pipes and a different tobacco, flake that makes a full-length smoke out of a smaller bowl full,

and sampling stronger tobacco before going to a bigger bowl, among other niches. Though you and fish haven't put me onto

up market pipes yet -- I think my financial advisor has to help me with that -- I am a convert to owning some small pipes.

Your Dunnies are quite beautiful. Why is it that diminishing returns doesn't seem to apply to pipes among pipe lovers. Six

is six times better than one. Don't forget to smokes your non-favorites. They're all magnificent briars.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I love the prince shape, or prince bulldog in the case of a few of those. What a great score, nice set of small pipes. But I gotta ask, are the stems themselves 6+ inches, or the whole pipe? Anyway, very cool.

Aug 14, 2012
None of them are numbered Dunhill shapes, but as far as I can see the pipes with the cooling fin are Rhodesians and the others are princes. Total length is just over 6".In the group picture the three pipes in the front are #3, the three in back are #2. They are small versions of those sizes. The size numbers on Dunhills are more about price, really. When they want to charge more for a pipe they just raise the number. But I am not complaining. I prize these pipes and enjoy them all in rotation.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Wow! 8O
Congrats foggy - those are very elegant, and six no less! I can just picture you in the Catskills, on your porch enjoying one of those. You have fine taste my friend

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Wow! At one point I had 16 and now have none.
You should post some pics of your collection. It would be cool to see that many Dunhill's. Heck, I have never seen that many Dunhill's in one place and at the same time before.
:worship: :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.