PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
I'm pretty sure the man smoking SWR burnt his tongue after the shoot...

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
A buddy of mine in high school had a Pontiac Tempest. His had the 389 V8 and he added the Tri-Power carb set up to it. It was basically a GTO without the trim. It was great fun riding with him in this sedate ‘family car’ and to be challenged by other young punks at a stop light. They were always surprised by that ‘old fart’ car

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My cousin worked construction one summer and bought a custom-ordered (new) Plymouth Barracuda, 1968 if I remember, which he still owns, maintains, and often drives, along with several other collectible cars. No a.c., and of course manual shift. He also has a 'Vette and a Ford chopped coupe, and a garage to keep them all indoors. A true car guy.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
A guy I knew in college got a heckuva deal on a used car. He bought it from an Air Force pilot. The pilot’s wife was pregnant with the couple’s first child. She figured it was time to get ‘a nice family car’. So this college guy studying mechanical engineering- (and who also worked as a car mechanic) - was able to buy a Shelby Mustang GT for regular used Mustang prices back then. That Shelby was an amazing car. I wonder if the guy kept it. Prices for those cars today are sky high.

Status
Not open for further replies.