PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
How many of you can walk down to the local supermarket or drugstore and grab a tub of Sir Walter Raleigh and how much do you pay approximately. I do not have this luxury and was thinking of buying one off the bay.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Thanks everyone. I didn't realize the online shops carried it so thats an option as well.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I have yet to see a tub "in the wild", so to speak - I've only ever ordered them from online vendors.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
At the nearest Smoker Friendly chain, I think they want about $34 to $38 for their tubs of various

over-the-counter brands of 12 oz. to 14 oz. Last time I was there, I believe they had Carter-Hall

and Half-and-Half, but nothing else in tubs. Pipe tobacco has disappeared from drug stores,

groceries, local Walmarts, and other general merchandise stores. My local independent pipe shop

carries only Granger which he will sell by the ounce; his other tobaccos are tinned or bulk. If I want

to drive an hour to JR Outlet, the prices on tubs and tins are four or five dollars better, and they have

good prices on tins too; but their pipes are all under glass and you can't really shop without a salesperson

tapping their foot and expecting a sale. I can't shop pipes that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.