PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Just a thought, I would describe myself as a "contemplative sipper".I tend to gently sip the pipe,works fine for me. I was just wondering how you folks would describe your smoking.
Tom

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Morlader, I would prefer to be a sipper, but sometimes I do not get the quantity of smoke I desire, and get back to a little huffin. Need some serious volume of smoke during a smoke. :|

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
When I'm relaxed, at peace, I sip slowly and contemplatively.
When I'm stressed, I puff like a steam engine and turn my tongue into ghost pepper.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm with you Lazydog.

While I will sip, I like to have a smoke I can sink my teeth into.
(Man! We're getting into the weeds today.) :D

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Hi Tom, I've been learning to slow down and sipping sure does yield a more flavorful and enjoyable smoke. But most of the time I puff away to try to keep the thing lit.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I sip and puff and if the music is good i find myself puffing in time to the music.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
I find I never "sip", which implies a short, light suck. I like a long continuous drag and then another to get the desired amount of smoke on the second drag. Then I rest it for a short time, then do it again. So I guess I would call my technique a double long drag. Someone please let me know if this is bad form.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
How I smoke depends on the blend. If I used Mick's technique on a Virginia blend, I would be hurtin' for certain.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
+1 with Lawrence. i usually clench so i just puff away while its in my mouth. once i notice the bowl or smoke getting hot, i try and slow my speed down a bit.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
My instinct is to puff away but I know that can have bad consequences...
Sipping is probably the best, but I speed things up a little more on average.
I try not to inhale, though, as best I can...

Status
Not open for further replies.