PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I recently read an article on reborn pipes about a refurb on a Sina pipe. Does anyone have any knowledge of when Sina ended production? I've seen the pipephil website and the French/English pipe connection with Oppenheimer. I am more curious if they ceased production in the early 1900's.

Thanks!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Thanks papipeguy, I am specifically wondering if "SINA" pipes were made after the merger in 1905-06. The factory which produced pipes was open until 1981. I read some information and needed more info.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Sina is mentioned several times in "GBD The St Claude story" and if I remember correctly they were made well into the 1920s. But let me research it again and I'll PM you. My copy is on loan so I won't be able to do it for a couple of weeks but I will look it up when I get it back. If my memory serves me Sina was one of the brands managed by Codogan and Codogan didn't come into existence until the 1920s. But I'll confirm it for you. Al also has a copy so maybe he can get it for you sooner. Dutch

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've read somewhere that Sina was in operation until 1981 (which coincides with the purchase of GBD/Comoys by Cadogan). Steve Laug has this brand connection chart posted in a blog entry I referenced on my recent purchase.
gbd-pipe-connections.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.