PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Hi All,

I'd like to start a Forum on "The Simple Ponderings of a Pipe Smoker"
Wit and wisdom can come upon a pipe smoker so please share some of your insights.
"I have noticed that pipe smoking is beneficial to a simple contentment, and leads to a clear and better judgment in all things"

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Many lives have been spared as a result of me smoking my pipe while negotiating traffic. Someone should do a study on road rage and pipe smoking.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
So true!!! I used to do Boston traffic (Morning and Evening commute) every day. I'd light up, tune in some good music and watch the idiots swap lanes fifteen times in three minutes to get two cars ahead in an endless line of traffic.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Heh. They still do that in parts of the Left Coast!
Drives me crazy, then I remember it's not my problem if I stay alert and my little side mirrors beep at the right time!
AS to the original premise, I have a vague recollection of a poster or illustration of a long ago smoker, with rings of smoke around him, with some wise saying... which of course I cannot recall....

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
If you never have, I can recommend reading the chapter Down the River out of Edward Abbey's book Desert Solitaire. It's an essay of sorts about Ed and a friend of his floating down Glenn Canyon (before the dam) on rubber rafts, smoking cheap baccy out of cheap cob pipes, and commenting on the state of American society. You don't have to like his politics, but I can't help but love his prose.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
Eventually you will get caught by the spousal unit. So buy as much baccy and pipes as you can while she is ignorant to TAD and PAD.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Eventually you will get caught by the spousal unit. So buy as much baccy and pipes as you can while she is ignorant to TAD and PAD.
And spread out your supply in case she decides you need to go clean! A few tins here, a few there; a few out back in the bird feeder, a couple grams in the fake rock hide-a-key, sew a few cobs into the sofa cushions...get creative!

rx2man

May 25, 2012
@ elbert, very good points. Distribute so if she finds one stash you have a fall back or 2 or 3......

Status
Not open for further replies.