Simple First Timer Wanting To Learn Some New Things....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Doctor's Pipes
3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes
12 Fresh Brigham Pipes
New Accessories
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthatter

Lurker
Dec 24, 2013
Hey guy's my name's Matt and I just started pipe smoking this year. I started out with 2 very well made pipes, one being Factory, and the other Hand spun. But I recently acquired a Meerschaum piece over Christmas. Any tips for a newbie? Or recommendations for tobacco?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Smoke them nice and slow, remember pipe smoking is about relaxing. Take nice long slow sips. On the meer don't clean it with alcohol, only the stem. Meers have their own unique taste, not unpleasant, but a little different than a briar. As for blends , what do you like? If you like aros, I'de recommend some Nording Labrador. If you are into English get some Frog Morton. Enjoy!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Good advice from Shaintiques the beauty of smoking a pipe is in the experimentation at some point you will settle on a few that your really like but the fun is in the journey. Smoke Aromatics slow because they will bite you if you puff too fast. English blends will relegate you outside if you are married so be warned. Meers are great pipes and highly collectable. Someday you will be posting about a nirvana smoke. That's the holy grail we all persue! Its what makes this such a great hobby.... oh ya that and the great people you will meet that are pipe smokers. Oh one more thing, if it sounds like dessert you probably don't want to smoke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.