Simple First Timer Wanting To Learn Some New Things....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Brigham Pipes
New Cigars
3 Fresh Doctor's Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthatter

Lurker
Dec 24, 2013
Hey guy's my name's Matt and I just started pipe smoking this year. I started out with 2 very well made pipes, one being Factory, and the other Hand spun. But I recently acquired a Meerschaum piece over Christmas. Any tips for a newbie? Or recommendations for tobacco?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Matt Meers clean different than Briars, use A website to learn how to clean it, make sure your hands are clean when Handleing it. Packing a pipe is critical, don't worry it will come to you. Slow is the Keyword, it doesn't come overnight. That being said Welcome.

matthatter

Lurker
Dec 24, 2013
tbradsim1, Thanks so much, I knew it was a porous material so I always wash my hands before smoking it. I also make sure to return the piece to its fitted box. I'll admit that I feel a bit intimidated by it haha. Its a I.Bekler piece so its really ornate, and was a bit expensive. Also thanks for the welcome

Cortez, yeah sorry im a bit all over the place.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Both Factory and Hand Spun are excellent quality. The Meerschaum piece you say you acquired over Christmas, which is not until tomorrow, is very collectable and sells well on ebay. Hope this helps!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Keep practicing. Pipe smoking is much easier to learn these days due to this wonderful place, but don't give up. It just takes some patience to learn proper packing and what not. After you get that down, you will be good to go. Also, ask questions.
Welcome to the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.