PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Yesterday while I was smoking W.O.Larsen old fashioned in Petersons Sherlock Holmes - Baskerville, the inspiration of this photo hits my mind. I was alone, wife and kid were outside for shopping, home was quite and temperatrue was pretty low; hence it was time for inspiration. I thought it would be nice to have one photo while smoking one of my best pipes. Here is the result. Next time I will try to capture smoke rings coming from the bowl as I think it will make photo more enlivened. Should I us it as a new avatar?

Inspiration by hanymamdouh, on Flickr

Jul 15, 2011
:worship:
That has got to be one of the more badass things I have seen in recent memory. Very well done my friend, you should be proud of yourself.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
That is awesome!!! Yes, some smoke coming from the bowl would make it even better.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Thanks for the kind replies, @ghost +1. As of most of you agreed to use it, I will follow your opinion.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Very cool photo and avatar hany.

a few weeks ago, coming off my lunch break, in the back of my truck with a cell phone....

Untitled-44.jpg

...thought about making this my avatar, but I like the phat squirrel.....

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
@gnatjulio, very nice shot too, I was always fond of silhouette photography and had a lot shots like that. Using DSLR gives you a chance to get high contrast that sharpens edges of your subject and emphasizes it with help of strobes and off-camera flashes. As you can see in my photo, all edges are very sharp and well isolated from the background. BTW no photoshop effects are used in the photo except for cropping and adding wall cracks. We can have a good discussion regarding photography if you like.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
@hanymamdouh, I would love to get into photography, especially looking at all the beautiful work coming from a lot of you guys on the forum. Unfortunately, I believe my wife would kill me if I took up another hobby, especially one that I believe would be so time consuming. I'll just continue enjoying the posts from you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.