PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
My main reason for this question is about 70% of my tobacco enjoyment is sharing it with the other guys at the pipe club of sorts I've started. I invite them over on Saturdays, they donate a few bucks, and I put in big orders.
The twists have been more difficult for us because I don't always know if anyone will want to try them, but I'm hesitant to cut up and rub out a large amount of tobacco beforehand, but it does need a bit of drying time in my experience in order for it to smoke well.
I see some varieties are available sliced and unsliced. Something in me says--if I'm going to buy a twist, it should be a twist. That said, is there a real difference in the taste?
Also, does anyone buy a few ounces of twist, and slice, rub it all out, and let it dry a bit all at once, and then store it that way?
If it's only me I prefer the ritual and ceremony of slicing the twist, rubbing it out, and letting it dry, but for practicality's sake, do any of you employ the methods mentioned above--buying already sliced, or slicing large amounts ahead of time?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have in the past cut up twists and jarred them that way, or mixed them with other blends. It works well. I did not notice appreciable degradation in flavor or strength.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I smoke a lot of Irish Twists. I tend to slice up what I will need for the day and then put it in my tobacco pouch and then refill it the next morning.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I save my coins and roles for the end of the day ... mostly. I do the ritual breaking up over a drink at my desk.
Store them as made until use.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I have in the past cut up twists and jarred them that way, or mixed them with other blends. It works well. I did not notice appreciable degradation in flavor or strength.
I keep them whole until use, but +1 on the mixing with other blends. I mixed some GH Sweet Whiskey rope with some Stonehaven tonight and was amazed at how good it was. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.